Location: Cooma, Dubbo, Goulburn, Moree, Wagga
Closing Date: 25/02/2022
Boyce Chartered Accountants is a leading regional accounting firm. The Boyce approach is different - we use the firm's unique systems to provide our diverse range clients with dramatically different and truly valuable information and insights.
This role can be remote or based at any of our 5 office locations - Cooma, Dubbo, Goulburn, Moree or Wagga Wagga.
About the Position
Reporting to the Director - Tax, you will be focusing on research and tax law interpretative matters resulting in well-reasoned, practical and workable solutions satisfying our client’s needs.
Key responsibilities include:
- Responsible for updating and maintain the tax planning templates
- Maintain a proficiency in preparation of financial statements and tax returns
- Develop knowledge around the methodology of keeping up to date across Tax Effective Accounting (TEA) and Statutory Accounting
- Keep up to date with the latest tax changes
- Assist in mentoring Tax Financial Group members to increase overall tax knowledge and to disseminate that knowledge to the broader BCA team
- Assist in the timely provision of advice to clients of the firm in consultation with a Director or the Senior Tax Consultant
- Prepare and deliver Learning and Development sessions to the broader Boyce Chartered Accountants team
The position can be based in any of our 5 offices, and will require occasional travel to our other offices.
The successful candidate will have:
- Tertiary qualifications in Accountancy, Commerce or Business
- 3+ years public practice experience
- Willingness to undertake or complete CA or CPA post graduate qualifications or have already obtained such qualification
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to write letters of a complex nature that apply plain English principals
- Ability to research and analyse complex tax legislation
- Well-developed oral communication skills to present and deliver Learning and Development internally
- Commitment to ongoing personal learning and development
Most importantly, we’re looking for a motivated individual with a strong fit for our team and the right attitude.
To apply, please submit your resume and a cover letter of no more than two pages outlining your suitability for the position. Please carefully read and consider the requirements and responsibilities of the position before applying.