Closing Date: 04/11/2021
Join Australia’s top Regional Accounting firm and experience our fantastic team culture where we strive to provide an outstanding service to clients and make a real difference in the communities we operate in - Cooma, Dubbo, Goulburn, Moree and Wagga Wagga.
Boyce is seeking an experienced Payroll professional to join our team in any one of our five office locations on a permanent, full-time or part-time basis.
What will you do?
The Payroll Officer will provide support to the Finance Manager and ensure the development and delivery of the payroll function for the 140 employees of the firm while also providing general support to the finance team.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Ensuring all payroll transactions are processed effectively and efficiently in accordance with relevant Awards, statutory requirements and Firm policies and procedures.
- Maintaining payroll operations by following policies and procedures and all records involved in payroll, taxation, superannuation, leave and management reporting.
- Providing considered advice and assistance to the Firm’s Directors and team members, ensuring appropriateness and accuracy.
- End-to-end payroll function including completing payroll tax and single touch payroll reporting.
- Ensuring compliance with all relevant legislative requirements with regards to Payroll tax, PAYG, superannuation and other aspects of payroll.
- Providing general support to ensure the effective processing of the firm’s internal finance systems and procedures through such tasks as account and credit card processing, reconciliations and end of month journals.
- Developing ad hoc financial and operational reporting as needed
About You – Selection Criteria
- Highly motivated Payroll professional with a minimum of three years’ experience in a similar full-function payroll position role
- Demonstrated high level communication skills with an ability to liaise with a variety of stakeholders across various mediums
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy, well organised and efficient.
- High degree of professionalism and discretion due to the confidential natures of information being processed.
- Motivated professional with a strong cultural-fit and the right attitude.
MYOB, Excel, APS Tax and XPA accounting software experience preferred but not essential
Boyce takes pride in the great team culture and fantastic employee benefits it offers team members in recognition of their valuable contributions, including:
- Competitive remuneration
- Generous social benefits
- Strong focus on learning and development including leadership programs
- Flexible working arrangements
- Group life and income protection insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
To apply, please submit your resume and a cover letter addressing the selection criteria and outline what you will bring to the position.