Finance Support (Payroll)
Location: Cooma, Dubbo, Goulburn, Moree or Wagga Wagga
Closing Date: 28/01/2021
Looking for a meaningful and challenging career opportunity in Regional Australia? Join Australia’s top Regional Accounting firm and experience our fantastic team culture where we strive to provide an outstanding service to clients and make a real difference in the communities we operate in - Cooma, Dubbo, Goulburn, Moree and Wagga Wagga.
What will you do?
The Finance Support (Payroll) role will primarily be responsible for processing payroll as well as providing support to the functions of the Finance Division including accounts, banking and receipting, reporting and general administration. The position will provide accurate, timely and meaningful information to the Finance Manager and Directors.
The main responsibilities will include:
- Preparation of fortnightly payroll for the 140 employees of the firm offices using MYOB AccountRight
- Maintenance of firm APS central database including timesheet administration and central console updating
- Preparation, lodgement and payment of Payroll Tax on a monthly basis
- Bookkeeping tasks including accounts payable, accounts receivable and reconciliations
- Liaise with staff in relation to any payroll queries
- End of month and ad-hoc reporting and ensuring the Firm’s compliance requirements are maintained
- Support the finance management team as required
This position can be based from any one of our five office locations and salary will be commensurate with qualifications, skills and experience.
To be successful in this role, candidates will have:
- Qualification in Accountancy, Bookkeeping or other relevant qualification and/or equivalent relevant experience.
- Ability to process records accurately and efficiently, in accordance with standards, systems and processes.
- Demonstrated experience in finance administration and banking systems including reconciliations.
- Demonstrated experience using Microsoft Office applications especially Excel and AccountRight.
- A collaborative professional with excellent communication, influencing and interpersonal skills.
- Be well organised, proficient and utilise time to efficiently manage the working day.
- You will be an Australian citizen or hold permanent residency status.
MYOB, APS Tax and XPA accounting software experience is desirable.
Why Choose Boyce?
Boyce takes pride in the great team culture and fantastic employee benefits it offers team members in recognition of their valuable contributions. Some initiatives include:
- Competitive remuneration and generous social benefits
- An innovative learning and development program
- Mentoring from senior specialists and Directors
- Group life and income protection insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
Applications (including a cover letter and resume) can be submitted via Seek or by using the Submit Online Application button below.
For further information or to discuss, please contact our HR Team on (02) 6971 0600 or by sending an email to HR@boyceca.com