Boyce Chartered Accountants is ranked as the #1 Regional Accounting Firm in Australia in the AFR’s Top 100 Accounting Firms list for 2018 and 2019.
Boyce employs over 130 team members across 5 regional locations - Cooma, Dubbo, Goulburn, Moree and Wagga Wagga. Our team are committed to our vision of genuine care for our clients and being passionate about maximising our clients’ wealth. Keys to our success are our unique approach, full service offering and our fantastic team who are committed to not only provide outstanding service to our clients but also to making a real difference in the communities in which we operate.
About the Position
Boyce Cooma is seeking an experienced and client-focused Accountant to join our team on a permanent, full-time or part time basis. We are looking for someone who is determined to progress their career and keen to pursue leadership opportunities.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Undertake the preparation of year-end financial statements and tax returns
- Review monthly or quarterly management reports for completeness and accuracy, including assisting with clients’ cashbook queries
- Prepare draft client cash-flow budget templates and preliminary data entry for review
- Undertake tax planning work for clients
- Act as the ‘first point of contact’ for client queries within your area of responsibility
About You – Selection Criteria
- Completed Tertiary qualifications in Accountancy, Commerce or Business with atleast 2 years experience in accounting
- Strong technical and analytical skills
- Dedicated with strong work ethic and willingness to attempt difficult tasks and sort out issues relevant to the task
- Ability to work autonomously and as part of a team
- Outstanding leadership qualities and collaborative personality
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including excellent interpersonal skills to deliver exceptional client service
- Motivated professional with a strong cultural-fit and the right attitude.
- Proficient in the use of accounting related software packages and Microsoft Office applications
- Xero, MYOB, APS Tax and XPA accounting software experience preferred but not essential
Boyce takes pride in the great team culture and fantastic employee benefits it offers team members in recognition of their valuable contributions. Some initiatives include:
- Competitive remuneration
- Generous social benefits
- Strong focus on learning and development including leadership programs
- Mentoring from senior specialists and Directors
- Group life and income protection insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
To apply, please submit your resume and a cover letter addressing the selection criteria and outline what you will bring to the position.
For further information contact Tracey Somerville, on (02) 6971 0600 or email HR@boyceca.com